On November 30th, 2023 Astra Cloud Software and BookYourSite will be sunset
- The Astra Campground Manager Cloud software and BookYourSite will no longer be available to manage reservations on November 30th, 2023. Be upgraded to Firefly Reservations ahead of time.
- At 11:59pm November 29th, Astra cloud software will be set to read-only access and no longer available to take and manage reservations.
- At 11:59pm November 29th, BookYourSite listings will be inactivated.
Recommended steps to take:
- Have your park in Firefly Reservations ahead of time so you will not lose days of managing your business.
- Modify any "Book Now" links in your website and communications replacing anything leading to BookYourSite to direct to your new Firefly Reservation Guest Portal link.
- Inform your customer base with the new way to make online reservations with the Firefly Guest Portal when BookYourSite.com is no longer available on November 30th.
Things to be aware of with the Astra software discontinuation:
- If not in Firefly, you lose associations with credit cards on file.
- If not in Firefly, you lose ability to provide refunds from bookings made with Astra.
- If not in Firefly, you should contact your credit card processing company to make any changes or disable your accounts if they are no longer being used.
Access removal dates:
- You will have read only access to Astra starting November 30th until and including December 14th, 2023. During this time, you will still be able to access Astra but only as a reference to past information. Astra will no longer accept new data which includes reservations, modifications to existing transactions, Point of Sale, payments and refunds. Reports can still be generated.
- On December 15th, 2023, Astra Cloud Software will no longer be accessible for any reason indefinitely.
- Since the last day of access for Astra is December 14th, it is recommended to run any reports that you may need going forward in advance of this date.
- Reports can be generated at any time prior to December 15th, even when the software is in read only mode.
- Some reports that we recommend generating and printing/exporting are listed below:
- Customer data base - From the top menu in Astra, click on "Setup > Customers > People". Build the list of all customers and export this information.
- Rent Roll Report - From the top menu in Astra, click on "Work > Reports". Then expand "Sales & Revenue" then click on "Rent Roll". Use the "Export" button at the bottom to export this report to your computer.
- Revenue by Code - If revenue information is needed, this is recommended. From the top menu in Astra, click on "Work > Reports". Then expand "Sales & Revenue" then click on "Revenue by Code". Remember to enter the date range you are interested in. Use the "Export" button at the bottom to export this report to your computer.
- Cash Receipts by Clerks - This will report on payment information. From the top menu in Astra, click on "Work > Reports". Then expand "Sales & Revenue" then click on "Revenue by Code". Remember to enter the date range you are interested in. Use the "Export" button at the bottom to export this report to your computer.
- Reservations - Click on the Customer tab at the top of the Astra dashboard. Then click on the "Search Selection" drop-down and select "Stay Between". Enter the entire time that you have been using Astra. Use the "Export" button at the bottom to export this report to your computer.
How to uninstall Astra:
- Even though Astra is cloud based software, an installer was originally executed on your computer(s). This installer included documentation, shortcuts on your desktop and a credit card application that allowed the processing of credit cards.
- For direction on fully uninstalling associated Astra files, please refer to this document.
Our team is here to support you:
We're sure you have questions around the discontinuation of Astra and BookYourSite.com, we are here to help you be up and running on Firefly Reservations.